Welcome to Mipmip!
Mike Arnautov's personal site
This simple, no-frills site is mostly about making publicly available
some stuff for which I keep being asked. All of it is
published in the spirit of the open source software: you may grab
whatever you like and use it however you like, as long as you include an
acknowledgement of its authorship.
The current site contents are as
- Adventure Family Tree – as
compiled by Jonathan Culver. This, at present, oficially the primary
- Some Adventure downloads – a small
collection of adventures (including the latest version of
Adv770.), in which one way or
another I feel I have a personal stake.
- Interactive Fiction rescue –
Reconstructions of some significant IF Web pages that have gone off-line.
- Some Internet humour – a small but
choice collection I've accumulated
over the years.
- A quip of the hour – selected once an hour
from a collection of wise and/or amusing sayings.
- Polemical contributions – extracts
from my contributions to ethical and religious debates back in 1990s,
as well as some later philosophically themed pieces.
- A few poems in Czech – for my
sins, a while back I wrote a few passable poems in my second language.
- A few teenage poetic efforts in Russian,
my first language, which still please me after all these years.
- And a few things in English, just to
round it off.
- My collection from late 1960s of cartoons
by Pavel Kantorek – a Czech physicist and much-loved cartoonist.
- Some Prime retro-games in Prime's
dialect of Fortran IV (Startrek, Bomber, OX3D, Kala...)
- ANSI C ports of Prime retro-games.
At present just Chimaera, Moo, OX3D and Sumeria (a.k.a. Hamurabe).
- A-code documentation and tools – a
complete re-write, describing the current version of the language.
- A few obligatory photos for
family and friends.
There is some other stuff around here, but that's none of your business
for the moment. :-)